When it comes to personality, every Shih Tzu has its own. However, a few distinct inherited traits are deeply engrained in these little majestic bundles of energy. Today, the Shih Tzu’s characteristics that make it such a great companion is the same as the ones that were loved, treasured, and adored by religious leaders, and imperial families of Tibet and China many centuries ago. Shih Tzu’s possess an alert and outgoing personality, a luxurious coat, and an extremely affectionate nature. These little dogs love everyone that crosses their path. Be sure you have a lot of time to spend with your Shih Tzu, because they’re going to want to spend all of their time with you.
Find out if a Shih Tzu is right for you by taking this quiz.
1. Would you enjoy the company of a dog that is elegant, beautiful and portable?
2. Are you trying to find a dog that is gentle and affectionate?
3. Do you have the time to dedicate to a dog that loves attention, loves to be pampered, and is eager to join every family activity?
4. Are you willing/able to provide your dog with quality food, and provide it with great veterinary care?
5. Are you willing to alter your schedule so that you can exercise and spend time with your dog?
6. Do you have the time and the know-it-all to groom your dog properly; on the other hand, can you afford to pay a groomer to do it regularly?
7. Are you willing to put aside the right amount of time to train your Shih Tzu, and do you possess the patience needed to this training?
If you answered yes to every question, then you just might be ready for Shih Tzu ownership. Welcoming your new companion to your home will put you in the ranks of thousands that love and own Shih Tzus.
- Choosing a Shih Tzu Puppy or Adult (shitzu-puppies.com)
- How to Teach your Shih Tzu to Come (shitzu-puppies.com)
- Male or Female Shih Tzu – Which Should you Choose (shitzu-puppies.com)
- Tips on how to Select a Shih Tzu Puppy (shitzu-puppies.com)
- Deciding Whether your Shih Tzu is a Show Dog or Companion (shitzu-puppies.com)